INTERNAL COMPLAINT COMMITTEE CELL (ICC)
- The objectives of the Internal Complaint Committee to Prevent Sexual Harassment of Women at RSREC are as follows:
- To develop a policy against sexual harassment of women at the Institute.
- To evolve a permanent mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender-based violence at the Institute.
- To ensure the implementation of the policy in letter and spirit through proper reporting of the complaints and their follow-up procedures.
- To uphold the commitment of the Institute to provide an environment free of gender-based discrimination.
- To create a secure physical and social environment to deter any act of sexual harassment.
- To promote a social and psychological environment to raise awareness on sexual harassment in its various forms.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The aggrieved member/complainant shall submit a written and signed complaint to the Presiding Officer of the Internal Complaints Committee with a copy to the Secretary within 7 days after the commitment of grievance.
- If the case falls outside the purview of the cell, the complainant will be informed about the same by the appropriate authority.
- If the case comes under the purview of the cell, in case of any difficulties, the Grievance Committee shall have a discussion with the principal before a decision is taken.
- The Committee shall recommend the penalties/action to be taken against any person found guilty of having sexually harassed the complainant.
- The Committee shall look into the truth of any allegation of retaliation against / victimization of the complainant or any other person assisting her.
- The Committee shall recommend the penalties/action to be taken against any person found guilty of having retaliated against / victimized the complainant.
- The Committee shall recommend appropriate psychological, emotional & physical support for the victim.
- Awareness of Internal Complaint Committee (ICC) trough website, prospectus, brochures, Board in college campus.
- Awareness of Gender sensitivity in college campus.
- Conduction of programs concerning women’s welfare.
- Deal with the cases of Gender discrimination/Sexual Harassment.
- Committee in chargeshould conduct the meeting regularly and report to the principal.
Women cell at RSREC aims at empowering and orienting women to recognize their true potential and to help them attain their own stand in a competing world. The cell has been established to protect the women staff and students associated with the college from any sorts of injustice or sexual harassment of any nature directly and indirectly.
To enlighten the women students and employees about their legal right and to strive towards the empowerment of the women through the promotion of gender amity and programmes concerning women welfare.
To create a platform where all women can express their needs and priorities, where every woman is respected and is able to achieve their potential, living free from harm and discrimination.
- To make them aware of their rights.
- To make students aware of Gender Equity.
- To help students to change their mind set and attitudes towards life in terms of Women.
- To encourage greater participation and to develop responsible and value oriented leadership in Female students.
- To build a society with social and economic gender equality as envisaged in the Indian Constitution through social service.
- To reach out to Women in the rural areas and make them aware of their social and legal rights and to equip them to stand against gender violence and gender discrimination.
- To incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a health atmosphere in and around the campus.
- To ensure personality along with academic development of students.